Saturday, September 16, 2006

Trying to get unfrustrated


Okay, so I've determined/discovered that the shrunken fro is a protective style. I really love the way my hair feels without product, which is how I wore it today. It's much more fuzzy and soft this way...no curl definition over here. I really don't feel like spending the time doing coils. I mean, that's one of the benefits of having natural hair...not spending hours styling it. I think when it gets longer, I should be able to do twists in 2 hours or less. I was looking at this woman's album today and almost puked at her growth. It's been close to 2 years for her though, so if I treat my hair right, then hopefully I can have almost as much success.
It's really hard not to think about the growth and maybe if I stayed focused on the health, I would have more growth...anyway...these are the rules from here on out...
  1. No heat
  2. Deep conditioning at least once a month
  3. No over manipulation...gonna try to just do wash and go

I'll keep ya posted on my progress. I'm at 4" and my goal is 5.5" by the end of January. I do not think my hair grows the full .5" per month, so I'm estimating a little lower. Hopefully, by summertime...July...I'll have at least 7.5" and maybe by December 07 I'll have close to my starting length of 10". That would make my estimate of 2 years to grow my hair back pretty accurate.

Stay Away from the Heat