Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Week 30: Stop Pulling My Balls!

Lol! That's what I wanted to say to my grandmother last weekend. She was extremely bothered by the little balls (that probably had lint in them) hanging off the end of my budding locs. I was pretty sure I'd read to leave them alone because they are part of the process. I did a quick Nappturality search for "balls" and quickly received confirmation. They had me cracking up! I was also reminded that at some point it might be necessary to take a Sharpie to my hair so I don't pick apart my new locs trying to remove lint.

Photos of My Balls




I am overdue for my wash since I was out of town last weekend. I am truly looking forward to it Saturday monring. Despite a little frustration every now and then, I'm really pleased with my hair's progress. Some are condensing, while others are just beginning to bud. The braids in the back are still in tact and the other sections of hair that I finger latched are still held together at the ends, which is good enough for me. That section will probably take another 12 months but it won't matter because just a few rows higher, the hair is loc'in and rock'in :) It will cover the baby locs in no time. My primary concern was keeping the hair together and it seems like I finally achieved that goal.

Photos of Locs with Sealed Ends




This loc's end isn't sealed but it's pretty solid: