Saturday, December 17, 2005

Random Thoughts

I went to the library today and the librarian, a really nice white lady, said, "I like your hair. I wish I could wear that style." I said, "Thank you," and proceeded to my car thinking...If you hair was tightly curled/coiled, I could bet you lots of money that you would not like it. Interesting, I thought, quite interesting.

I went to a Christmas party last night and saw some people who I haven't seen since by BC. They were surprised and I received the same positive feedback that I've continued to receive...thank goodness. I'm so afraid that the moment someone says something ignorant about my hair, I will show my black azz. At any rate, I am still quite curious about people's reactions to my hair in a year.

It's actually growing quite nicely. I have 3 inches in some spots. I think my fro has a chunky look. I think I'll just have to accept the level of chunkiness I get from a wash and go. I love Bai's chunky fro the best, but texture plays a role and the diversity of the texture from head to head and even on one head is so amazing. It's all beautiful, versitile and eye-catching.

A girlfriend of mine remarked that she didn't want to sweat out her press and curl. I declare I cannot adequately express the joy that I feel because I have freed myself from that existence. Whoo!

I just read a really good thread on NP about heat. It discussed it from a scientific point of view and was really informative.

I had someone say that they couldn't even remember what I look like with long, straight hair...Good, cause you'll never see that again :) I'm still really excited about my growth. I need to do a deep conditioning treatment tomorrow. I'm going to visit my daddy later this week for about 1 week. I'm going to start packing tomorrow, so I don't forget anything. I must have all of my hair products - shampoo, conditioner (regular and deep), mango butter. I can't forget my olive oil and aloe vera gel for my skin either.