Sunday, October 22, 2006

Acceptance

I was perusing hair albums the other day and saw a girl with hair that somewhat resembled mine. Her curls appear a little looser and her hair is probably finer, but her twists behaved exactly like mine except I thought hers looked beautiful. And I think mine look like crap. So it got me thinking that I probably need to stop with these attempts to stretch out my hair because it never works and only frustrates me.

So I was trying another hair experiment...brushing the front and wearing a scarf for 30 minutes to see what it would do. The last time I did this my hair was a lot shorter and the front of my hair was damn near straight. So anyway, I removed the scarf and proceeded to put on my ouchless band like I normally do and it slid right on back and formed a pony puff. I didn't think it looked cute at all with my big face and forehead, but I wore it that way for the remainder of the day.

That evening, I said...well, the front is stretched from wearing the puff and it's always my most challenging area to style anyway so I began twisting. I finally finished after more than 2 hours, I think and I'm going to try to stick with it for as long as I can. My goal is 7 days; if I can exceed that, I'm in business. I figure if some of them start looking crazy, I'll just redo the individual twists instead of untwisting my whole head. We'll see...