Monday, October 30, 2006

My 90 Year Old Grandmother...told me...

...that my hair looks terrible. Then she added, "But I guess that's the style." Her initial question was, "Why are you wearing your hair like that?" I decided to keep my response simple, "Because I like it like this." That's when she said, "Well, it looks terrible..."

I mean, dag! I don't suppose she's really been feelin' it since it grew out of it's twa anyway. I was speechless. I declare I don't know why people...particularly family...feel it's okay to be rude! It blows me. My cousin said she made another comment about my hair when I wasn't at the table. I mean, this is how my hair grows out of my head...yours would look the same if you didn't put chemicals in it. Why is there a question about why I choose not to put caustic chemicals on my scalp and hair? Geez. I may go ahead and prep a little lesson for the next time she comes out her mouth with something like that. I'll just try to make it concise without going into the whole slave mentality thing. I usually try not to say much about my decision, because I know it can offend those who chose to use the chemicals, but this rudeness has got to stop.