Thursday, November 11, 2010

Pushing Back My Start Date

I have a wedding to attend next year, I'm going to attend homecoming and I am not feeling these practice coils.



My hair, with the exception of the back is extremely tightly coiled. So, at this length, my coils will not be elongated. Looking back at my first attempt at coils during my first journey, when I had about 1 year of growth, I can deal with this...


They don't stay this perfect looking for long, but at least they look like coils.

Since homecoming is probably in October, I'm going to have an opportunity to find and practice some stretched quick styles. My hair actually appears to be growing a little faster than I thought and my goal is to retain all of the length I gain. Looking back at my last journey I did several big trims along the way because my ends were raggedy. I think I'll have 2 inches by the end of the month and I appear to be gaining 1/2 inch a month. At this rate, I'll have 7 inches of hair by the time I begin my locs, which might be a good thing. There will be more hair inside each coil to mat. I have serious shrinkage so they'll still look short, but that's not a problem for me. I want to enjoy them at different lengths.

So, that's may plan today :)