Friday, November 26, 2010

Test Coils

Here we go. I couldn't wait and as soon as my family left, I got started on my test coils. They didn't take me long at all. I didn't use multiple mirrors to ensure the parts were straight. This is just a test run to get an idea of what they will look like.



I didn't wash my hair first. I just spritzed it with water and used aloe vera gel. My hair already had conditioner in it.

I don't love the look on me, but the truth is...this is where I have to start and the sooner I start, the sooner I can leave this phase. I'm going to wear these through the weekend. I will probably wash them out Monday morning before I go to work.

I may also wash them on Sunday to see how well they stay put to get an idea of what I'll have to contend with later. I may go ahead and start my loc journey in December instead of waiting until February.

After sleeping...


I wore a satin cap and it stayed on my head very well. The back is visibly smushed. I should have probably made sure my hair was completely dry before going to sleep, but I didn't and I was too lazy to get the dryer. I'm not sure if that would have made a difference or not.

The last row at the bottom is going to give me problems. This hair is the softest on my head and has the loosest coil. I may end up using a different method on it later.

I need a tam...I'm not sure if they would give me a lint problem but they sure are cute...from Esty:

Crochet Boho Tam MUSTARD

 

Classic French Beret