Thursday, May 19, 2011

Week 20

I feel like I just reached the 4 month mark and now 5 months is around the corner. It's funny how my perspective has changed during my journey so far. My patience and acceptance of my hair is definitely growing. I have a much higher tolerance for the frizz and disheveled look. I actually kind of like it.

Here are pictures that someone took for me at work. I wanted to take advantage of the natural light since I usually take my pictures in the bathroom with the flash on. Hopefully, this is a more realistic view of what my hair really looks like.


Although I'm practicing patience, I'm really curious to see what the final size will be and if I'll always have lots of loose hair.

Since it's grown, I think I'll rewtist the front going back. I like the way this looks now.

I was telling my friend who took these pictures that I really want to capture this stage. I'm afraid that if I blink my eyes, it will pass and as much as I'm looking forward to the next stage, I don't want to miss any of them.

Here's a closeup. I plan to take a few pictures of some individual locs so you can see their formation a little better.


I'm still surprised at the quick progression in the past 2 months. I was expecting my hair to take a little longer budding and matting. Despite the fuzz, the coils from my retwist are still in tact after almost 2 weeks. I think I'll definitely switch to the no product and palmrolling method. I love how my hair fluffs up after some time. At this stage, I'm not a fan of the scalpy look that comes along with palmrolling. Maybe I'll feel better once my hair has fully matured.