Wednesday, June 01, 2011

5 Months

It's been 5 months today! I am extremely pleased with my hair's progress. I had no idea my hair would progress this fast. I'm pretty confident that by the end of the year, I'll have semi-mature locs. This weekend is my weekend to wash my hair. I think I'll try to get it done early on Saturday since I have something to do that afternoon and my dad wants to go to church on Sunday. I think I'm going to mix aloe vera gel in with my oil/water mixture. I think the aloe vera gel probably helped my hair's progression and if was working I don't want to slow down the progress, especially at this stage. Hopefully, it won't flake as much mixed with water and oil.

I watched this YouTube video yesterday and I liked the way she wrapped the loose hair while she retwisted. I'm going to try doing this on Saturday and see how it goes. Hopefully, it won't slow me down much. I think I'm at the 40 minute mark for my retwist time. I also think that I'm going to ditch the clipping step on Saturday. It probably isn't necessary and I'm trying to keep my routine as simple as possible.

I'm so proud of myself! I kind of can't believe that I've hung in here this long. I've become accustomed to the frizzy look and know it's just part of the process.