Saturday, November 05, 2005

Homecoming Update


Homecoming went well. My new do was well received. My skin was another issue. Earlier that week, I was in a killer 3 hour meeting. Sitting in one spot for that long makes me a little antsy if I'm not fully engaged. At any rate, I recall leaning my face onto my shirt or something. I know it wasn't my hand, because I truly no better than to touch my extremely acne prone face. I don't know why I thought the shirt might have less dirt on it than my hands...so I ended up with about 3-4 pimples on the right side of my jaw. But...I was determined not to let it get me down even though I was really conscious of it. So homecoming came and went. My face wasn't as clear as I wanted it to be but at least my cheeks were pimple-free.

These products are my staple at the moment. I know I keep hopping around, but I think I've settled on these. I'm going to stick with the Glycare Cleansing Gel because it was my saving grace years ago. It cleared my skin without any other products. So, I doubt it's harming me now. I know it does a good job of exfoliating and dead skin cells are famous for clogging pores that result in acne. The aloe vera gel has worked a miracle. If I wasn't so self conscious, I'd post a before and after of my left cheek. I'm sticking with it. I'm using the Vitamin E oil as a moisturizer in the AM and the shea butter in the PM. I'm still looking for a daytime moisturizer that doesn't look so greasy and that is natural. I think it does an okay job of absorbing into my skin, but I don't like that greasy feeling.