Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Toe Length Hair Challenge

We have a toe length hair challenge in progress on NP. We have about 121 people who have signed up! Mamochan started it...the title is a joke: "i Want Toe Length Hair!", "For those growing their hair to incredible lengths" spinoff

So I was thinking that maybe, just maybe, we could have a length challenge thread here? I was checking out the other thread and since there's so many of us, why don't we try doing it together? I join a lot of length challenge threads on other boards, but it's a lot more fun if it's on NP. Y'all are all natural..y'all aint crazy and you're more fun. So how about it?

We just created a new fotki album so everyone can keep their photos in there to track their progress. I absolutely love the idea and have about 4 in mine already. I'm going to put the comparison shots, only, in that one. I hope we have a faithful few who will keep it up over the long haul. It would be really great to see the progress over time.

This thread is awesome too! It's just that eventually it will end up on page 3 or something and no one will update it...or it will reach 10 pages and no one will start a new one for a few months.

My goals:
Short term - Chin length hair in front (currently it's to the bottom of my lip)
December 2007 goal - 10 inches at the top
Long term goal - Bra strap length (I may have been close before I bc'd but I don't thnk it actually reached bra strap length)

I cut 10 inches when I bc'd, but that probably means that I had about 12. I'm going to try to still with my protective style challenge. This recent strategy worked well...washing and stretching overnight...wearing a braidout the next day...twisting that day or the next day. Twisting that day is actually a better idea. I didn't particularly like the hair loss from detangling dry hair.