Friday, February 11, 2011

Week 6 - Changes are Coming

I am washing and retwisting my hair tomorrow and will do so each week until I hit 3-4 months. At that time, I will reevaluate my maintenance routine. This fuzz is out of control. I know that my scarf came off several nights and that probably contributed, but there are so many loose hairs it's ridiculous. 

The way I rationalize it is this...

The reason for limiting retwisting is to avoid weakening the roots of your hair. They advise against retwisting hair while it's dry.

I don't think that washing and retwisting my hair at this stage will matter or impact my roots at all.

My hair will be wet.
I don't coil my hair tightly and clip it.
My hair isn't locked yet.

That's my rationale. It may be completely false, but until I see a bud, I'm retwisting weekly. I cannot take going to work looking like this another week. Plus my scalp was itching a lot this week. I briefly considered washing my hair and not retwisting it last time I washed, but with my hair texture it needs as much help/training as possible. 

So here we are...tomorrow will officially be 6 weeks!