Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Week 5

I'm going to catch up here soon.

So last week was actually "week 5."

After being frustrated with the back 2 rows for the past month, I decided to backcomb them. My goal is to just keep the hair together. This hair is so different from the hair on the rest of my head it's amazing...

I used this flee comb from Pet Smart based on a recommendation from a lady on Nappturality.


This is what it looked like after backcombing it. 


Then, I palmrolled it.


I measured it and I think my hair is about 4 inches now! You'd never know :)



Then, because those pieces are straight and the rest of my hair is coiled....and I'm not trying to look extra crazy...I pincurled all of those pieces.


They came out pretty well, but they didn't stay that neat for too long :(


Pincurling might have to be a nightly routine, unfortunately. Although I'm not sure what that hair will do once it's wet.

Here's a look at the fuzz in week 5. It's really driving me crazy.


 I may move to a weekly wash and retwist routine. I know it's more frequent than recommended, but I can't deal. I think as long as I do it while wet, I should be fine. I don't twist tightly and I don't use clips so I doubt that I'm putting stress on my roots. 

I really want to make it until Saturday, but I don't think that's happening. I may be washing and retwisting tonight...