Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Still Waiting

I am still anxiously awaiting growth, although I know it is futile. I sent an email today and realize that it hasn't even been one month yet. Geez. I need to let this go. I just keep seeing all of these hairstyles that I'd love to have and I can't until I get more hair. Plus, I'm easily bored and although I love the ease of this TWA, I wish I could change it up a bit. I'd at least like to have enough hair so I could tie a scarf around it or something. IMO that would look a bit silly at this stage. I saw a picture of Tryce today after 10 months of growth and it was definitely significant, so I know I'll be pleased. By that time, I should have at least 6 or 7 inches. I tell you, I know I better stop thinking about it, because I can already tell this stuff is probably going to be dense.

I've really been thinking about the overmanipulation and protective styles thing I keep reading about on NP. I know some people wear their hair out all the time and don't suffer any damage. I wonder if there's a difference between those people who are outside and in the elements versus people like me who are inside most of the day. I'll just continue to keep the ends moisturized and see how it goes. Luckily, I don't have to deal with tangles at this point. I'm hoping that I can detangle with my fingers for a little while before I need to purchase that famous Denman brush. We shall see...