Tuesday, August 30, 2005

BCing Earlier?

I am truly contemplating BCing earlier. I posted a question on nappturalty.com this morning, asking how long your hair needs to be to twist it. I received several responses. Some people said that you can twist short hair; it just takes more time. Someone else made an interesting point...that I should cut it when I'm ready, but it will probably be easier to learn 1.5" of hair and work with it as it grows, than to have 4-5" at one time and not know what to do with it. That is not a direct quote, but it's the jist of it.

Another series of posts, entitled, "If You Knew Then What U Know Now..." has me contemplating the BC earlier. A number of people said they would have BC'd earlier. Dealing with 2 textures is no easy feat, especially if you are trying to preserve the health of the natural hair. I don't even have that much new growth and it's a struggle to deal with. I've still got to locate a stylist that I can trust to cut it. I am not going to the hair cuttery with this stuff. If I had really coarse hair, I would because it would be easier for them to see the difference. Even when I had a short cut with the back short, Erline uses scissors, not clippers. My hair grows funny and does interesting things. I can't take any chances. I'll have to find out what I need to do before going in. If I need to blowdry it, so it's easier for them to see the 2 textures, that's fine. Then I can maybe get a wash and go. I'll figure out what to do with it from there.