Wednesday, August 31, 2005

I Found Someone to Cut It!!!

I've been looking around and talking to different people about who could do my BC. I've even looked at shops in DC and MD. And then I thought, "One of the faculty members here recently cut off her relaxed ends and her hair texture is probably similar to mine." And so I called this morning to ask her who cut her hair. She responded, "Me." I'm so relieved and excited. My search is over. I asked her if she would be willing to cut mine and she said sure. She's going out of town this weekend, so I told her that I would probably touch base with her next week. I'm still trying to make sure that I am ready, but the truth is probably that I'll never be all the way ready. I'll always be a little nervous, apprehensive, anxious. However, one thing is absolute and that is...I do not plan to relax my hair again.

I never thought about the toxins and chemicals involved. This is a good article on the issue.