Monday, August 29, 2005

To Poo or Not To Poo?

I'm considering no pooing for a while. It's all the rage among the nappturals. Everyone keeps talking about how they wish they had done it earlier. As long as I don't use too many products, I should be fine.

My goal with this twist-out is to keep it for 5 days. The less I mess with my hair, the better. We'll see how it holds up. The good thing is that I can re-twist it and dampen it mid-week if necessary. I can definitely live with this style...at the moment. We all know how fickle I am, so time will tell.

Did I mention that I cut another piece of relaxed hair out this morning? I didn't mention the first either? Oh...so this is what happened...there was this little coil that wanted to be alone and free. She did not like living beside the permie and who could blame her? So...I freed her and she was so happy! When I examined the permie, there was a bit more hair there than I thought, but it's okay. She was really holding the sista coil back and we can't have that. Part of me is itching to release all of my hair, but I want it to stick up and it won't stick up if it's too short. I'll just have to be patient.

I think I'll just wear a twist-out updo for the wedding and pull out a few strands to hang in front. I love having texture!

I really need to stay away from the curling irons and blow dryer for as long as possible. Maybe if I leave it alone, it will grow faster...and I can cut it sooner!